Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Storm

Last night we had a hail storm that went through around 10pm or a little after. Here are some pictures of some of the hailstones. The first picture is of me holding one...it was a "medium sized one" about 2" in diameter.

This one is the largest one that I could find. It is 2 1/2" in diameter. I thought that it was interesting that it looked like a whole bunch of small hail had joined together to make a large one.

I took this picture last night when it was pitch black and used the flash. You can see hail of all sizes.

This last picture we took using the night feature on Michael's camera (actually all pictures are taken with Michael's camera since I lost ours). His has a Samsung and is really nice. Anyway...it did not flash and was pitch black outside and still showed up like this.

2 comments:

Karin said...

what a crazy storm

Lois Brown said...

We heard it but didn't go and look! But that is crazy!