Monday, January 19, 2009

My new eyes

Megan asked how my new eyes were doing after my surgery. In a word they are great. I can see SOOO much better and I don't know what I was ever afraid of. I had Michael take a couple pictures tonight. He has real shaky hands so most were blurry or I looked really bad in them but this was one that was "OK". 

Anyway...I go back to the ophthalmologist on Wednesday for another re-check. I am still on 2 eye medications; I ran out of one. I figure on Wednesday that they will check my vision, pressure, etc. tell me to taper off the prednisone drops, give me a script so I can go get new progressives if I want to, and tell me to come back in a couple months. The surgery has improved my near vision too. I won't need nearly as strong of glasses that I used to have. I could always see far away so my new eyes aren't that much different than my after 40 eyes but it is nice to have NO CATARACTS.

2 comments: