Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back Home

Wayne drove up to Arkansas Sunday morning after working 12 hours on Saturday. He took a short nap in the afternoon. The plan was to wait until Monday morning to drive home but after looking at the weather report we decided to leave as soon as Rusty got in. That was at 8pm. So we chatted for a few minutes with Rusty, I looked at his incision and asked him a few questions, then we took off. We told them that we were going to stop in Oklahoma to spend the night. Wayne drove to Eufaula and then let me take it over after filling up with gas. I drove the rest of the way in, arriving just before 2am. It was an uneventful trip...we were able to stay ahead of the storm...not the cold...just the storm. When I called to Arkansas yesterday mom said that there was a sheet of ice and she is really glad we left when we did...so am I.

Now I am busy, busy, busy. I have five purses to finish. I got them cut out yesterday and started ironing and sewing. I need to have them done by tomorrow so they can be mailed out. The house is in dire need of a thorough cleaning...after all I have kids and grandkids coming for the holidays. I still am trying to track down my Christmas tree which was not given back to us. I have a message in but I will have to try calling again it looks like. When I get it I need to put it up and decorate it. I did get my Christmas letter written but I need to mail them and cards out. And I am still going through the mail that was received while I was gone and catching up on bills and balancing the checkbook and going through the recordings of my shows and too many more to remember. Wish me luck...our first set of grandkids arrive either Sunday or Monday (I can't wait)

:)

1 comment:

Lois Brown said...

Wow good luck getting all caught up and ready...and jealous that you have grandkids coming! How fun!