Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In Arkansas

I am in Arkansas at my in-laws home right now. Luckily we have this tiny Eee PC so I can use the internet (they have high speed although not FIOS) to keep up with what is going on in the world. My brother-in-law had surgery on his neck to remove a large spot of melanoma. He had outpatient surgery on Monday morning. The surgery went well. They removed the cancer with 1 cm margins and took some lymph nodes to check them for metastasis.

The YM and YW just showed up to sing a few Christmas carols to nice...back to the story.

Last evening he came down with the stomach flu although he appears to feel slightly better tonight. Anyway, they decided to put a drain in his neck so I am caring for that (with his help). The good news is that his pathology report came back CLEAR with LYMPH NODES NEGATIVE...woo hoo!!

So right now we are staying close to home until he is feeling better. I will probably be here until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Last weekend I was in Wichita. The boys best friend got married. That was an experience. The wedding was at 5pm. At 4pm Michael (he shaved off his goatee...yeah) was in the shower. When he got out at around 4:10 or 4:15 he started looking for his clothes to wear to the wedding. I didn't remember seeing the garment bag in the trunk but I went back out to check and sure enough they had left it in Michael's closet. It was either wear jeans and a T-shirt to the wedding or make a "quick" trip to Wal-Mart to pick up pants and a white shirt. We got to Wal-Mart at 4:30 and back to Diane's house at 4:50 and to the wedding at 5:10...amazing when I look back at it. Daniel showered while Michael and I shopped. The wedding was nice but we were too late to get a seat so I hung out with Stephanie at the back...but that was ok. The boys talked with Josh McKnight a lot and we got to congratulate Ryan and Emerald. I got to speak with a lot of my friends from Wichita that were there. It was a good trip and really nice to see Ty and Diane and the grandkids.

1 comment:

Lois Brown said...

Wow! That's all I can say! That is amazing that you got in and out of Walmart that fast! How fun to see friends from Wichita. And I'm glad your brother-in-law is doing alright! Wow!