Saturday, December 4, 2010

HOME!!

After spending 2 months at my mother-in-laws home I came home for Thanksgiving. It was hard for me to make the flight because Rusty had come down with Shingles and he was scheduled to have his first treatment in Hot Springs before I was to return. But he went to the doctor the day he dropped me off at the airport and they gave him medicine to help with his illness and he improved quickly. He found  out the he has to wait after being sick to start his treatment so it will probably start in about a week and a half. Other family is going there for Christmas so I am going to just stay home until the end of the month when they will need me for his second treatment.

We had good friends from Georgia come here for Thanksgiving and we had a blast. I took tons of photos but I left my cord to my camera in Arkansas so I will have to post pictures at the end of the month when I return there. We saw a lot of the sights in Southern Maryland and ate way too much and played tons of Pepper but had so much fun. We are going to have to get together more often with them...it used to be we got together every year but life has been busy for both of us and it is hard to find the time.

We had donated our Christmas tree to the Colleyville Stake nativity a few  years back and since I am staying home for Christmas this year I decided to buy a new tree. I bought an LED tree and brought it home but the middle section wouldn't light so we took it back and got another one that works!! So right now I am in the midst of decorating the house. I have a Christmas letter too write and gifts to purchase and mail out. I am looking forward to our first Christmas in Maryland.

Michael came home for Thanksgiving and has decided to change colleges (again). He is all enrolled at the College of Southern  Maryland and it looks like they will take most his credits from TCC. It will be good to have him home. His time away at college was a learning experience for all of us.

There is probably more but I can't think of what right now. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

No comments: